Here's your invitation to the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, Florida -- for our Great Bosses Boot Camp
, November 15, 2013.
Yes, the building is pretty darn attractive and a great place to learn. But we promise you more than palm trees. Our Great Bosses Boot Camp will pack an amazing amount of practical skill-building into one fun and interactive day.
The workshop is open to managers from any field. The skills we teach are some of the most critical for leaders, no matter their profession.
Here's a description of the program from our website:
Great Bosses Boot Camp: Performance Management is a one-day, highly focused and interactive workshop for managers in all fields. You will build your personal leadership skills as well as gain new tools and insights into raising the performance of your staff. Best of all, you’ll be able to put this practical teaching to work immediately.
Poynter’s Great Bosses Boot Camp workshops are fast-paced, using real-world examples and exercises. Participants will also receive a copy of “Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know,” to continue their leadership learning.
In the Great Bosses Boot Camp, you will learn:
- The top ten things great bosses know — and what they do differently from others.
- How performance changes when bosses wear “feedback glasses.”
- How to succeed at four levels of tough conversations; including how to assess, prepare and conduct each type for a positive outcome.
- How easily managers erase and undercut their positive feedback, and how to protect against it.
- How to gain better control of your time each day, so your work has maximum impact.
- How you can encourage employees honestly and effectively, without resorting to insincere or undeserved praise
Application deadline is October 11th. Here's a link to register.
See you at Poynter!